Friday, September 11, 2009

The Crayon

So the other day my sister Elisa and I are driving with our kids in my van. Samantha, my 3 year old niece, informs me that Kayden is picking his nose. So tell me something new. He keeps doing it. Finally Elisa says that she thinks he put a crayon up his nose. Hmmm. So we get home and sure enough there's a crayon stuck up his nose. I tried to get him to blow it out and it wouldn't budge. I got tweezers and they just pushed the crayon up even more. At this point Kayden finally has realized that maybe he should be a little panicked. I'm thinking, great, another ER visit for Kayden. Last time being when he ate all the drugs out of the first aid kit. I decide to have him try to blow one more time. Of all the colors, a green crayon came shooting out. Yeah! No visit to the doctor.

4 comments:

Dianna said...

Yeah...I don't know that you can say anything about Samantha's talents. :)

Jill Stones said...

That is the funniest thing! Good thing he has some power to his boogy blowing, my kids would never have got it out. they blow their noses like little puffs. So glad it happened to yours and not mine:) love you guys

The Newcomers said...

This reminds me of when one of us..don't remember who...stuck our floride pill in our nose and narrowly avoided an ER visit...actually, maybe it was me, starting to feel some post-traumatic stress syndrome coming on. Things like this always seem to happen at the most inopportune moments too. What is it with kids and sticking things in their nose anyway??? Too funny!!!

Matt and Elisa said...

I think you forgot to mention that it's not the first time one of your kids did this exact thing.